We’re looking for a Junior 3D Generalist to join the SnapTank team. You’ll be working day to day using scanned photorealistic 3D models, creating 2D renders, optimising topology, retexturing, sculpting, and just generally having the freedom to be creative.
Most content will be used for marketing materials, but there is potential for you to grow into other areas.
SnapTank is an online marketplace exclusively tailored to scanned 3D models. Based in a central London office, with a pool table, free monthly drinks, and even your own desk.
This role would suit a recent graduate or modeller with 1-2 years experience.
• Creating 2D renders using existing photorealistic models
• Work with the Community Manager to produce creative content submitted by capture artists for marketing materials, web design and further applications.
• Follow technical pipelines and workflows.
• Work with scanned 3D models. From photogrammetry, structured light and laser scans. A perfect opportunity for somebody to gain access to scanned assets and create photorealistic renders, sculpts, and models – day to day.
• Continually working to hone their skills in rendering, lighting, modelling, and texturing.
• UV mapping existing models, as well as creating additional maps as necessary (such as Spec, Bump, Normal etc).
Essential skills and experience
• Experience with ZBrush or similar
• Ability to retexture using Photoshop
• Low and high poly modelling experience
• Rendering experience with Vray, Mental Ray, Arnold, Keyshot, or similar.
• Experience retopologising and optimising topology based on polycount.
• A portfolio of realistic assets and renders.
• Create UV’s for existing models.
Desired skills and experience
• Experience with Unity and/or the Unreal Engine a plus
• Great at modelling from reference and/or base meshes.
• Experience in Photogrammetry, or other 3D scanning methodology.
• Interest in games, films, visual effects, or VR.